Wanderlust campervans offer the ideal staycation to enjoy the fresh air and escape the crowds, in your own mobile unit this year. Enjoying quality time under the sky and stars is part of our ethos and we will continue to provide fun and flexible campervan accommodation for you to enjoy your well-earned break. Please read more below on our assurances.
Health & Safety
Cleaning policy - Our pledge to you
- We have a duty of care to customers and staff even where specific legislation does not exist.
- We maintain the highest standards in cleanliness and each camper is cleaned inside and out before EVERY hire.
- As standard, all surfaces are cleaned using sterilising products.
- Every item of crockery, cutlery, utensils and pots and pans are washed through the dishwasher. However you may choose not to take our items if you prefer to take your own.
- As an extra precaution during the Coronavirus outbreak – we will be using disinfectant spray between hires throughout the air and fabric of the campervans
- Fogging decontamination
COVID cleaning protocols will be adhered to from Visit Britain Certification Scheme
Details on this scheme will be announced soon. This will be updated for checklists and risk-assessments, including customer journey risk assessments. See social distancing procedure below.
- Anti-viral: a product/process that can kill a virus or suppresses its ability to replicate/spread.
- Cleaning: a process to remove mainly physical contamination but also helps in the reduction of micro-organisms to a safer level.
- Disinfection/Disinfectant: a substance (usually chemical) or process that kills micro-organisms, although some viruses and spores can still survive.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): mandatory items worn by staff to prevent exposure to harmful substances where there are no alternative controls in place to prevent injury/ill-health.
- Protective clothing: other generic items of protective equipment that are not mandated for a particular job task but can assist in offering limited levels of staff protection and can also offer reassurance to the user.
- Sanitising/sanitiser: a substance (usually chemical) or process that reduces the level of micro-organisms to a safer level.
Social distancing procedure
You will be sent full details of our social distancing procedure upon booking - that MUST be adhered to - to protect our staff and our customers. This will include:
- Online check-in for insurance documents - 2 weeks in advance (view insurance requirements here and online check in here)
- Handover and instructions - handover videos and instructions will be provided in advance digitally, with opportunity to ask questions prior to pick-up and telephone support.
- Pick-up - One person per handover (other members must remain your car until invited to access the campervan). Please remain at least 2 metres from staff at all times. Allow up to 20 minutes for decontamination fogging to take place for your assurance for to confirm this has happened and for your assurance. As paperwork and handover is done in advance, once you have walked around the vehicle for the vehicle condition report - you will be invited to enter the vehicle and the keys will be in the cab.
- Drop-off - The vehicle must be returned 30 minutes prior to agreed return time for enough time for you to empty the van of your items before staff greet you. One member of the party should remain outside the camper ready for a check-back, with the other party members returned in to your own vehicle. You will be asked to leave all cupboards open for our cleaners.
Further advice and information